Leaping

We're leaping and keeping
This oh-good feeling
In our reclaimed "home"
With happiness, peace, and joy we own

It is the end of February
The month of love
It's great to end the month
With the people we love


Here's my gratitude list, ten items, it consists:
  • My daughter and his nephew dressing alike, so cute.
  • Josiah crawling around exploring and getting stronger.
  • A celebration night before Josiah's mom's birthday ends. One of the great Mexican restaurants was still open to serve us.
  • We had a good carrot cake. Everybody liked it.
  • A quote from Oprah I shared with my children.


  • Josiah eating green peas. Such a good boy.
  • An excellent beginning-of-the-year review from management and peers.
  • A thank you card from the adult children of my patient. How sweet. As an intensive care nurse, we don't get this very often.
  • A happy work anniversary card and a gift card from work.
  • Gratitude from two men the night I decided to pay forward someone for the blessing of peace in my home. 
I heard a cashier telling an older man before me in the pharmacy that there's a co-pay that must be paid. I did not hear the details. The old man went back to the waiting area with no meds on his hands. I could not help but ask, how much cash does he need. I had to insist that he takes my money and gets his meds. He finally did and gave me the change. He thanked me and shook my hand. He said I was an angel. Another unrelated older man came to me and ask to hug me to say thanks for what he saw. He had tears in his eyes. Wow, I felt so happy. I was in the right place at the right time. I got back from that evening more than I gave.

I have heard about people "paying forward" by randomly paying for a strangers' coffee in a not-so-cheap coffee shop. While it may be convenient and a nice gesture, I doubt that the people who go to these coffee shops really "need" free coffee? I think giving a hand to those who need help makes "paying forward" more meaningful. I find that this gesture makes me feel rich in my heart.

Ten Things of Thankful

Comments

  1. Paying it forward at the pharmacy is a great idea! You certainly made a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, Carin, are an angel! You saw an opportunity and seized the moment without hesitating, and in turn became a teacher to others around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww paying it forward may have helped this man live a healthy life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I would love to read your comment.