2020 Begins with Gratitude

What am I thankful for, this beginning of 2020?

  • The little people around me. Look at my grandson about to throw his Happy New Year headband. I only have a second to snap this picture.
baby boy with Happy New Year Head band

  • Talk Therapy
The last couple of weeks of 2019 was rough. I scheduled to talk to the therapist and it is finally here. Have you ever want to just spill your guts out but do not want to affect your loved ones in the process? The therapist has the perfect ears for that.

  • Podcasts
I have my favorites and here are some by Suze Orman, Dave Ramsey, Dr. Michael Greger, and more. I shared this with a friend today who has some money issues. I especially recommend Dave Ramsey. Sometimes  Many times I need some scolding so I listen to his podcasts a lot.

  • My Phone Camera
It is really handy to take pictures of my grandson. Look at him eat as he sat on the used high chair I bought for cheap at Facebook Marketplace, and as they play with the used toys I bought or got for free from the same platform. The Marketplace is my new Craigslist with the convenient ways to pay and people you can preview. One of the sellers, I learned, I have common friends with.




  • Noise-Cancelling Headphones
I listened and watch some coaching exercises with the Aaptiv app without disturbing other gym-goers.

  • Veggie-loaded Eggs Benedict
It is so good, I did not miss the meat at all. I was so upset a few days ago, I went out by myself for breakfast on a fave breakfast place. OK, it is at Rupert's! This restaurant did not disappoint.

(I want to blame the snow and the slippery road, and not the young driver who insisted on driving thru it without practicing in the snow with an experienced driver first. I mean two accidents in 45 days [however injury-free] is JUST TOO MUCH).

That is my ten (bolded) gratitude kinda-list. What are you thankful for? Anything similar to mine?



Ten Things of Thankful

Comments

  1. Your grandson is adorable! I work with 1-2 year olds now, and you have to be QUICK to get a good picture of them, because they are QUICKER!
    Glad you found a therapist you can talk to.
    I love podcasts! I listen to The Moth, This American Life, Snap Judgment, My Favorite Murder the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dyanne, I am really enjoying the podcasts, so much better than listening to radio.

      Delete
  2. I love those photos grandson. He is on a great start to the new year.
    It is great to live in a day and age when people don't feel they need to hide the fact that they might need to see a therapist sometimes.
    We have a couple of favorite restaurant places too. They never disappoint either.
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson is cute! It is nice that phones have easily-available cameras to catch sweet moments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I would love to read your comment.